Our Royston site transitioned over to the ISO 9001:2015 standard earlier this year following a successful review.
With our advanced Quality Management System (QMS) and our leadership team fully supporting our corporate 3C strategy, which has a key focus on customers, it was an easy commitment for us to move towards the ISO 9001:2015 standard. Our Royston site has now achieved this status and our other sites are working towards it, with the hope of achieving it next year.
What is ISO 9001:2015?
ISO 9001 was originally written with the customer in mind, but since the last major revision in 2000 the business world has changed radically. The standard has been revised to address these changes, ensuring it continues to serve the business community and maintains its relevance in today’s market place. One thing remains the same – the customer is still the priority in ISO 9001:2015.
The ISO 9001:2015 structure is based on a common framework for all QMS standards to help keep consistency and align different management system standards. The key changes in the proposed standard are:
- Emphasis on leadership.
- Focus on risk management.
- Emphasis on objectives measurement and change.
- Improved communication and awareness.
- Fewer prescriptive requirements.
The new standard offers several benefits to improve the way we operate as a business, feeding into our continuous improvement and operational excellence programme:
- Ensuring the Quality Management System (QMS) is completely integrated and aligned with our business strategy.
- Greater involvement in the QMS from the leadership team to ensure the whole organisation is motivated towards the goals and objectives.
- Introduction of risk and opportunity management, which reinforces the use of the management system as a governance tool and will help identify business opportunities that contribute towards improvements.
- An integrated approach to implement multiple management systems.