This page sets out the terms of on which you may access and use our website www.noble.matthey.com (our site). This policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, our site.
www.noble.matthey.com is a site operated and owned by Johnson Matthey Plc ("We"). We are registered in England and Wales and have our registered office at 5th Floor, 25 Farringdon St, London, EC4A 4AB.
Accessing our site
Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our site without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of our site, or our entire site.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our site through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
You may only use our site for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- To only reproduce, duplicate, or copy any part of our site in accordance with the provisions of the terms on this page.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored
- any software used in the provision of our site
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
- Not to attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching these provisions, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Intellectual property rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
The Johnson Matthey Noble Metals logo and the Johnson Matthey Noble Metals name and all product names referred to in this website are trademarks of the Johnson Matthey Group of companies.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our site must always be acknowledged.
You may print, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal reference. You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way. Additionally you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text without our prior written consent.
You must not use any part of the materials on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
We aim to update our site regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our site or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our site may be out of date at any given time and we are under no obligation to update such material.
Reliance on information
Commentary and other materials posted on our site are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
The material displayed on our site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we, other members of our group of companies and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
- All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
- Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
- loss of income or revenue
- loss of business
- loss of profits or contracts
- loss of anticipated savings
- loss of data
- loss of goodwill
- any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
These content standards apply to any and all information and material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it. You warrant that any contributions comply with these standards, and you indemnify us for any breach of that warranty.
- Be accurate where they state facts
- Be genuinely held where they state opinions
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
We will remove or not upload to our website any such contributions if, in our opinion:
- They do not comply with these content standards
- We are unable to verify such information
- In our sole discretion, such material or information is not appropriate for publication on our website.
Any contributions to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any contributions to our site.
Linking to our site
You may link to our site in a fair, legal way which does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
Our site must not be framed on any other site. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. The website from which you are linking must comply in all respects with our content standards.
If you wish to make any use of material on our site other than that set out on this page, please contact us.
Links from our site
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Jurisdiction and applicable law
The English courts will have non-exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to our site and we retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these conditions in your country of residence or any other relevant country.
Suspension and Termination
We will determine, at our discretion, any failure to comply with the policy outlined on this page, which constitutes a material breach of our terms upon which you are permitted to use our site. When a breach has occurred, we may take action as we deem appropriate, which can include all or any of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
We may revise this policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.
If you have any concerns about material which appears on our site, please contact us.